Photo: loriculus vernalis
Subvenuation: Real parrots
Rod: hanging parrots
Body length 17cm, tail 4 cm. The main coloring of the plumage is green, tail — Light blue. Nadkhnity and a red -colored gulus with a brownish tint. The male has a light blue spot on the throat, the female has no spot. The beak is red.
It lives in India.
Dry jungle inhabit. Flight, hoarse voice. Feed on fruits, seeds, kidneys and flowers.
Nest in hollows of trees. In the masonry 2-4 white eggs.
For a long time, the species was considered monotypical, currently divided into 2 subspecies:
- Loriculus Vernalis Phileticus Deignan, 1956— It lives in the south of Thailand and on the islands of the Archipelago Mia (Mergui).
- Loriculus Vernalis Vernalis (Sparrman, 1787) — lives on the Andaman Islands, in Myanmar, in the north of Thailand and on the Indochina Peninsula.
Other types of genus «Hanging parrots»:
- Yellow -hill hanging parrot
- Green -haired hanging parrot
- Golden -haired hanging parrot
- Moluccan hanging parrot
- Sangian hanging parrot
- Blue -headed hanging parrot
- Sulawassian green hanging parrot
- Filippian hanging parrot
- Floressky hanging parrot
- Ceylon hanging parrot
- Sulawassky Krasnohapo Hanging Parrot
- Hanging parrot of the island of Kamigin