Photo: Pyrrhura Molinae
Subvenuation: Real parrots
Rod: Red -tailed parrots
Length (including tail) 25 cm; weight about 70 g. The main color is green. Gray chest, dark head. The tail is dark-bended.
It lives in the west, south and in the central regions of Matu-Grosa (Brazil), in the north and east of Bolivia and the north-west of Argentina.
Inhabit the forests. Form large clusters on the tops of the trees. Feed on various seeds and fruits.
In the masonry from 4 to 6 eggs. Running lasts from 22 to 25 days.
These parrots can often be seen among nature lovers. They are playful, gentle and intellectual. They can learn to say, although their «vocabulary» limited.
The view includes 6 subspecies:
- Pyrrhura Molinae australis Todd, 1915
- Pyrrhura Molinae Flavoptera Maijer, Herzog, Kessler, Friggens & FJELDSA, 1998
- Pyrrhura Molinae Molinae (Massena & Souance, 1854)
- Pyrrhura Molinae Phoenicura (Schlegel, 1864)
- Pyrrhura Molinae Restricta Todd, 1947
- Pyrrhura Molinae Sordida Todd, 1947
Depending on the classification, the number of subspecies can vary, and the view may include up to 7 subspecies, including:
- Pyrrhura Molinae Hypoxantha
Other types of genus «Red -tailed parrots»:
- White -breasted red -tailed parrot
- Beloux red -tailed parrot
- Buroukhi Red -tailed parrot
- Yellow -winged red -tailed parrot
- Pearl red -tailed parrot
- Luxurious red -tailed parrot
- Rocky red -tailed parrot
- Blue -toy red -tailed parrot
- Black -tailed parrot