Photo: loriculus aurantiifrons
Subvenuation: Real parrots
Rod: hanging parrots
The main coloring of the green plumage. The throat has a stained yellowish-red color. The male’s forehead is yellow, the female has bluish, her cheeks are of the same color. The upper covering feathers of the tail and the Nadkhny red. The beak is black.
Lives in Indonesia and Papua-New Guinea.
Inhabit subtropical and tropical wet forests.
The view includes 4 subspecies:
- Loriculus aurantiifrons aurantiifrons — Endemic island of Misole.
- Loriculus aurantiifrons Batavorum — lives on the island of Vaigo and the northwest of New Guinea.
- Loriculus aurantiifrons meeki — lives on the islands of Fergusson and Goodenough, and the southeast of New Guinea.
- Loriculus aurantiifrons tener — Some systematics consider this subspecies as an independent species of green -faced hangover (loriculus tener).
Other types of genus «Hanging parrots»:
- Spring hanging parrot
- Yellow -hill hanging parrot
- Green -haired hanging parrot
- Moluccan hanging parrot
- Sangian hanging parrot
- Blue -headed hanging parrot
- Sulawassian green hanging parrot
- Filippian hanging parrot
- Floressky hanging parrot
- Ceylon hanging parrot
- Sulawassky Krasnohapo Hanging Parrot
- Hanging parrot of the island of Kamigin