Photo: Cyclopsitta diophthalma
Subvenuation: Real parrots
Rod: Fig Parrots
The smallest Australian parrot; Body length 13—14cm coloring is very bright, mainly green. Male and female, as well as subspecies differ in the details of the head of the head. Gray beak and paws.
Live on the east coast of Australia and in New Guinea.
Inhabit rain, monsoon and gallery forests, as well as forest savannahs. Feed on fruits (especially figs), flowers, berries and seeds.
Rtelled cavities in wooden termite or rotten wood. Then usually several pairs occupy one of them. The female lays 2 eggs and forces them for about 3 weeks.
The view includes 8 subspecies:
- Cyclopsitta diophthalma diophthalma
- Cyclopsitta Diophthalma Festetichi
- Cyclopsitta diophthalma aruensis
- Cyclopsitta diophthalma virago
- Cyclopsitta diophthalma inseparabilis
- Cyclopsitta diophthalma marshalli
- Cyclopsitta diophthalma macleayana
- Cyclopsitta diophthalma coxeni