Photo: PoicePhalus gulielmi
Body length 25-29 cm. The main coloring of the green plumage. The upper body of the black brown-brown is bordered by green feathers. The back is lemon below. Abdomen with azure strokes. Forehead, bending wing and «Pants» Orange-red. Black-brown subsidiary. BLACK BLACK, SUFFERENCE Reddish with black tip. The near -eyed ring is gray. The iris is red-orange. The paws are dark gray.
Lives in West and Central Africa.
Inhabit wet tropical forests to a height of 3700 m above sea level. It feeds on cedar nuts, the fruits of the nightfill (Podocarpus gen) and the oil palm (Elaeis Guineensis).
The view includes 3 subspecies:
- PoicePhalus gulielmi fantiensis neumann, 1908 — Body length 25-26 cm. Lighter nominal subspecies, forehead and head orange. Many birds do not have an orange color on «Pants» And bend the wing. Featers of the back and wings are bordered by a wider green strip. The iris brown. Distributed from Liberia to Cameroon.
- PoicePhalus gulielmi gulielmi (Jardine, 1849) — nominal subspecies. Lives in the north of Angola, south of Cameroon, north of Kenya, in the king.
- PoicePhalus gulielmi massaicus (Fischer & Reichenow, 1884) — The green color of the plumage is lighter than that of the nominal subspecies, the orange spot on the head is smaller, there are no azure strokes on the abdomen, the black feathers of the upper body are bordered by a wider green strip. Lives in the south of Kenya and north of Tanzania.
Subspecies — PoicePhalus gulielmi permistus — It does not differ enough from the nominal for allocating it into a separate taxonomic series.
Other types of genus «Long winged parrots»:
- Brown -headed long -winged parrot
- Kapsky long -winged parrot
- Red -chested long -winged parrot
- Meiers long -winged parrot
- Nimniam long -winged parrot
- Senegal long -winged parrot
- Yellow -faced long -winged parrot
- Long -winged Ruppel parrot