Photo: Touit Purpuratus
Subvenuation: Real parrots
Rod: variegated parrots
The color is green. The head in the upper part is brown, and in the back of the neck and near the ears with an olive tint. Covering feathers of a dark brown shoulder, the lower back is bright blue. Red tail with black bordering, the ends of the feathers are green. Flaw feathers and bend wing brown with green borders. The beak is yellow-white.
Inhabits forests in the north-east of Brazil, Venezuela, Surinama, Gayan and Guiana.
The view includes 2 subspecies:
- Touit Purpuratus Purpuratus (Gmelin, 1788)
- Touit Purpuratus Viridiceps Chapman, 1929
Other types of genus «Colorful parrots»:
- Buropian variegated parrot
- Seven -color variegated parrot
- Black -bearing variegated parrot